- Gift Ideas»
- Books & Guides»
- Sailing Clothing»
- Yachting Clothing»
- Dinghy Clothing»
- Kids Sailing Clothing»
- Shore Wear»
- Sailing Accessories»
- Dinghy Fittings»
- Optimist Parts»
- Dinghy Repair & Maintenance»
- Other Chandlery»
- Air Horns»
- Anchors & Anchoring»
- Buoyancy Bags»
- Fenders & Buoys»
- First Aid Kits»
- Hiking Straps & Benches»
- Navigation Lights»
- Paddles & Oars»
- Power Generation»
- Protest Flags»
- Sailing Tools»
- Straps & Strops»
- Trailing Products»
- Trolley Wheels & Accessories»
- Mounts & Holders for Rods & Gadgets»
- Boat Covers»
- Foil Sail & Mast Bags»
- Miscellaneous Items»
- Dinghy Ropes & Rigging»
- Canoe & Kayak»
- Canoe & Kayaking Clothing»
- Canoe & Kayak Accessories»
- Board Sports»
- Jobe Towables»
- Stand Up Paddle (SUP)»
- Mens Wetsuits»
- Womens Wetsuits»
- Kids Wetsuits»
- Wetsuits by Brand»
- Wetsuits by Discipline»
- Wetsuit Accessories»
- Rash Vests & Quick Dry»
- Snow Helmets»
- Snow Goggles»
- Snow Protective Gear»
- Snow Clothing & Accessories»
- Snow Sunscreen»
- Beach & Outdoors»
- Travel & Adventure»
- Beach Gear»
- Diving & Snorkelling»
- Running & Triathalon»
- Electronics & Cameras»
- Bags Packs & Cases»
- Safety & Protection»
- Transport Accessories»
RRD V8 CONTROL BAR
4 LINE BAR - 55cm wide with 23m lines
No need to ‘change any game’ with the release of our 8th version of the RRD Global Bar. Because of the great history of performance, we have kept our new version simple, reliable, and packed with the same great features of the previous versions. But with the V8, we now take another step forward with new components and redesigned parts.
Simplicity is our mission. We remove any unnecessary items, instead of adding them, to make every component more functional. Simply said : ”you cannot break what does not exist”.
We have the following new features on the RRD Global Bar V8:
- Rotating chicken loop, that acts as a swivel, to easily untwist your front lines.
- Our new simplified safety system flags the kite on the front line which makes the kite de-power 100% in case you need it.
- Standard equipped with a short leash (approx.. 50cm or 20”) to attach on the front of your harness.
- Optional: thicker and longer leash specifically for the handle passing riders.
- A moulded chicken loop finger that has a multiple pre-set position rotor head which allows you to move the finger to any desired position. It’s very easy to move it out of the way for riders that like to un-hook.
- Our double chamber de-power rope with safety line is made of high quality indestructible polyurethane which makes the bar slide easy and you will never have to replace it.
- CNC milled and anodised aluminium central bar component with oversized oval recesses to improve de-power tube sliding; even during some extreme steering.
- The length of the de-power rope can be adjusted with the de-power stopper EVA float.
- Test-winning diameter of the bar tube for the best grip.
- Chicken loop safety release system with oversized handle and increased sliding potential of all components to secure an effective functionality over the years. This is the safety release system in the market with the least amount of steel components, meaning longer lifetime and less maintenance.
- Moulded stainless steel safety leash double ring, angled to a position that facilitates safety leash attachment.
- Customized stainless steel de-power rope cleat designed around the double chamber tube, allowing the security line to slide freely.
- Hook & Loop loop on the de-power cord to prevent the cord from flapping around when the kite is de-powered.
- Moulded floating side caps injected with high memory EVA which facilitates a better bar grip and increased safety.
- Oversized color coded side floaters that guarantee the floatation of the bar and easy rolling of the flying lines with line-locking system.
By simply pushing up or down the EVA float you can trim the de-power rope length according to the length of your arms or depending on the conditions you are kiting in. This stopper ball is a handy feature for people with shorter arms or for specific tricks like the dead-man. This can also be used to make the kite more stable in light wind, which is useful for schools.
You have the option to use the Hook & Loop loop on the de-power cord to prevent the cord from flapping around when the kite is de-powered.
We obviously still deliver you the bar with the exclusive RRD Rigid thread lines. These lines are made with using the most recent fibers and an innovative production process. Not only are the lines easier to untwist, but most importantly, they don’t stretch!
In addition to the new features, the ‘RRD Global Bar V8’ is still equipped with special lines called “RIGID THREAD LINES”. These are used exclusively on the RRD bars with great success for over 7 years. A product that’s now widely tested around the world, but there is little known about the details by kiteboarders.
All our lines are produced and developed in Italy, with a worldwide patent granted only to RRD.
The ‘Rigid Thread Lines’ are the result of the collaboration with an Italian manufacturing company that has more than fifty years of experience in the processing of textile fibers, using the most recent and innovative exotic fibers, combined with an intimate knowledge of the physical and mechanical properties of Dyneema.
Why are the ‘Rigid Thread Lines’ different?
The difference of our lines is that conventional Dyneema braided lines also have excellent breaking resistance characteristics, but can’t keep their original length when under tension. This is due to their entirely braided structure that sees the fibers being crossed over each other with an angle of approximately 30° compared to the load angle (0°). Once a conventional braided line is under tension its fibers will tend to align towards the load line and progressively start to stretch. A conventional braided line will stretch up to 1% of their original length when under load. (so a 25 meter line can stretch up to 25 cms).
Imagine by comparison the ‘Rigid Thread Lines’ like a widely used electric cable. Core copper wires are covered with a plastic protection sock. In the ‘Rigid Thread Lines’ copper is replaced by unidirectional Dyneema pre-tensioned fibers instead of braided fibers, covered (like the plastic part on the electric cable) with a very thin braided Dyneema sock to keep the internal non-braided unidirectional fibers in place and protecting them from abrasion.
This allows to create an absolutely direct connection between the bar and the kite, since what connects them together is an unidirectional non braided fiber core. For this reason our exclusive ‘Rigid Thread Lines’ have a maximum stretch of 0,1% (so a 25 meter line can stretch up to max. 2,5 cms).
The ‘Rigid Thread Lines’ of RRD Kites will never be subject to adjustment, since they won’t even stretch under stress-related moves, for example by extreme loops or other radical manoeuvers, and consequently it is impossible to end up with stretched lines and/or of a different length and therefore the trim of the kite remains unchanged through the years.
The ‘Rigid Thread Lines’ will always be visually, technically and feeling compact and rigid throughout the course of their lives, maintaining all its physical and technical characteristics unaltered over the time.
- CoastWaterSports Unit 14 Millwey Rise Industrial Estate Axminster Devon EX13 5HU United Kingdom
- +44 1297 533633